Regent Tweet 2013

Regent Tweet is a yearly event organised by Sister PR with the collaboration of most of the fantastic shops and restaurants in the Regent Street area for professional bloggers. Only a handful are selected every year to participate in this treasure hunt to the most beautiful shops with stops at great eateries, masterclasses in cocktails, cupcakes and sushi and talks by eminent people in fashion and art. Look at the video (psst I am at the 2.30 minute)


It is lovely to meet new bloggers and to see again people I've met at last edition. This year I went on my shopping expedition together with Sonia Figone, food blogger of www.nelpaesedellestoviglie.com .We've started brilliantly with a visit to Jaeger receiving a great coffee table book and £ 50.00 voucher only for the  first 50 bloggers which I'm going to use as soon as possible given that I've seen some great outfits in the shop www.jaeger.co.uk

Our base camp was at The Living Room in Heddon Street www.thelivingroom.co.uk where we collected our branded Regent Tweet canvas bag, our stack of cards to visit all the places on them and a bracelet that would have us recognised as Regent Tweetters. I've received lots of compliments for my beautiful "Polka Dots" eyelashes by Paperself www.paperself.com  and off we left for the Bose demonstration of their new fab products on sound systems and we've been lucky to be the first 30 bloggers receiving a fantastic Nikon View NX 2 compact camera. www.bose.co.uk
These gorgeous outfits are from Michael Kors store www.michaelkors.com where just for being very fast we've received a great and useful passport holder in a bright green colour. At Ted Baker next door we've taken a picture of our favourite item and we've tweeted it in order to receive a purple goodie bag filled with fab gifts like a beautiful candle, a leather bound note book and a hip flask in its pouch. www.tedbaker.com

I'm having a 60 seconds fix kit routine with lavender products at Crabtree & Evelyn. I've washed my hands with a fragrant hand wash, then this lovely girl used a scrub on my hands to remove dead cells and at the end I had some hand cream massaged on my hands and fingers. Bliss. www.crabtree-evelyn.co.uk
These new bottles were in the shop as a preview just for us bloggers during Regent Tweet. This new collection of Hand Wash in delicate fragrances will be in store from July. They are beautiful to look at as well as using them, a stylish addiction in your bathroom. The store manager Cristina made me swap my old hand cream I had in my bag for a new one from the Hand Therapy collection.
These bottles contain some fruit shots that are absolutely delicious. I loved the combination with apple and fennel but really they were all great, and the  Bircher muesli with fruits was divine with edible pansy flowers and a leaf of mint. All these at Tibits in Heddon Street where bloggers have been treated to a snack in the morning www.tibits.co.uk .

So many shops such a little time. Gilly Hicks and Hollister greeted us with some vouchers, which are going to be spent on their great products www.gillyhicks.com  . Superdry gave the opportunity to one blogger to be a guest writer on their blog as well as selecting an outfit from their range. I wasn't lucky but still I've left with a lovely gift. www.superdry.com . At UGG Boots we've tweeted a picture of our favourite item and we've received a stylish luggage tag with their 1970's inspired print. www.uggaustralia.co.uk
Masterclass cupcakes at Whole Foods Market Piccadilly. Ready to ice a chocolate cupcake with a two colour icing. I had breakfast with them, absolutely yummy www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/piccadilly . Cat Lyne is the founder of " Cat and the Cream" and she guided us through the process of icing a cupcake which we took home after that. www.catandthecream.com . At Folli Follie Sonia and I had fun on the photo booth by Say Fromage, www.sayfromage.co.uk  taking home a nice picture as well as a goodie bag filled with treats. www.follifollie.co.uk
At Toni & Guy I haven't been lucky enough to win a Quick Fix like my friend and fellow blogger Sonia, so I've waited while she had a 1960s inspired hairstyle and then both of us received a Label.m Resurrection Style Dust, perfect to give our hair a bit of structure and shine. www.toniandguy.com . From there great lunch at Mash courtesy of Regent Tweet where Sonia had a rib eye steak and chips and I tucked in a vegetable linguine. The place is great and we went there at the end of the day for a celebration with all the other bloggers drinking cocktails and nibbling at delicious canapes. http://www.mashsteak.dk/restaurants/london/
This fabulous place is the East India Company in Conduit Street. Tea in several flavours as well as tea set in fine bone China for the best tea experience are sold in this opulent store as well as chocolate, biscuits, preserves, the best you can find for a royal afternoon tea. www.theeastindiacompany.com . We could sample some tea and we brought home a selection in a special packaging to taste. I love when I've got a selection of sample so I can have a shrewd idea of what I could buy next and the same kind of gift has been given to me at Penhaligon's where a tin box has been prepared for the bloggers with a selection of their best fragrances. I love Penhaligon's and I've got quite a few products from them www.penhaligons.com
We've been treated to talks by expert at the Apple Store www.apple.com/uk/regentstreet , in the morning with Susie Bubble gave important tips to bloggers, in the afternoon Damien Whitmore from the V & A Museum gave us a talk about fashion exhibitions, difference between art and fashion  and 5 bloggers who have tweeted a picture during this talk would have won a pair of tickets for the sold out exhibition about David Bowie. Well I've been among the lucky five. Our day has been filled with visits to stores, we styled  a mannequin at Sebago www.sebago.com , we received a teddy bear and a mix and pick cup full of sweets at Hamley's www.hamleys.com and in the meantime we could check all the fabulous shops and make a mental note to visit again.
My lovely Regent Tweet bracelet matches perfectly my Tresor Paris skinny one www.tresorparis.com . This bracelet was our "passport" to shops and eateries. Waving in a friendly manner our arms would have revealed the bracelet and the shop people would have known that we were there to sample and shop for their products with many of them giving an exclusive discount on the day. We had a bit of a rest at Aubaine  in Heddon Street sampling French puddings and flavoured bread www.aubaine.co.uk
At home resting after emptying all the bags after a busy day in Regent Street, I had so much food during the day that I had dinner with the cupcakes I've decorated in the afternoon. This day has been amazing, I've seen friends, I've met new people and I've been spending my hours in one of the most sophisticated street in the world dotted with the best shops worldwide. www.regentstreetonline.com

Popular Posts