Ambra Giammarino: vintage handbags with a twist

I was in Brick Lane last saturday and wandering around the small market scattered in the area, inside old warehouses I've noticed something that drawn me to a stall. Beautiful, I mean gorgeous handbags, all one off pieces, and the designer, Ambra Giammarino who was preparing her stall for the day. I had to speak to her and ask her about her creations. And so she's shown me a beautiful burgundy  vintage clutch, in crocodile skin covered in vintage fur, and then an evening bag with a chain handle covered in white mink, and then a frame bag covered in dyed rabbit fur. Obviously the dye has been given something like forty or fifty years ago And the beauty of these bags was that everything was an original piece,sourced in markets or at her grandmother house. The fur was vintage furs were remnant of old vintage furcoats or just patches stitched to them. The prices were absolutely reasonable, if I could I would have bought them all. I know now where my next handbag will come from. Original, sustainable, recycled and a bargain as well.
Crocodile clutch

Rabbit fur frame bag

Mink evening bag

Rabbit Fur shoulder bag

Popular Posts